This was the very first time that Soundslides was introduced to students at Kuwait University and these projects were probably the first Soundslides done in Arabic. I split my students into groups of two to four and asked them to produce Soundlsides project about either a place or a person Let me say this: as a first effort, I was very very proud of my students. All of the stories were interesting, but most importantly, I saw great improvements in photographs and the audio editing.
One of the major issues that we encountered is the fact that Soundslides doesn’t support Arabic text, which meant that we couldn’t provide captions to each photo–one or two groups did provide captions in English though. I hope Soundslides finds a quick solution to this small issue.
Please have a look at the following projects and let us know what you think:
- Sara, a disabled student who defies her disability
- The Young Chef Academy
- Life of a nursery teacher
- Souq Almubarakya, one of the traditional market places in Kuwait
- Solo Pizza Napolitana, a pizza restaurant run by three Kuwaitis
- Karate Academy
- The Discovery Zone
- 52 Degrees
- She has it all
- Ali Alzankawi, one of the top track and field athletes in Kuwait